(UPDATED ON MARCH 1, 2009)
Starting today, I’ll draw a list of free WIFI hotspots in Metro Manila and in the provinces.
This has been done before, yes, but what differentiates this list is that I will personally rate these hotspots whether they’re bad or good.
This list will get longer as I find, test and use more free WIFI hotspots.
1. KAPE TASYO, Freedom Bar, Anonas — very good, pwede ka pang magkape, Pinoy style.
2. Gloria Jeans, Morato/Timog Circle — very good
3. Baang Coffee, Morato Avenue — good, but the shop will charge you for using their power outlets
4. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Morato Avenue — offers the “free” WIFI from EYP which gives awful and limited connections
5. Burger King, Timog Avenue — good, and the manager knows WIFI users needs. Just get the WEP password from the duty manager.
6. Burger King, Welcome Rotonda — good, same comment as No. 5
7. Computer Stores Section, TriNoMa Mall — good connection from an open WIFI router
8. Batasan Pambansa — good (free hotspots all over the complex — session hall, media center, canteen and scores of congresspersons’ offices)
9. Sachi, Gateway Mall — good (tested it at this resto but signs say the free WIFI signal is available mall-wide).
10. Five Cows, TriNoMa — not bad (free WIFI signal reaches the entire mall activity area)
11. McDonalds/Timezone area, TriNoMa — good
12. Burger King, SM City North Edsa — good
13. Mag:net Katipunan (WEP password posted near the bar) — good
14. SOLAIR, UP Diliman — good, sometimes spotty
1. Robinsons Place Manila (Midtown/Pedro Gil Wing) — good, sometimes bad
2. Max’s Restaurant, Plaza Rajah Sulayman, Baywalk — good, just ask the duty manager for the WEP password
3. Rendezvous Cafe, Vito Cruz cor. Roxas Blvd. — good
4. MoMo cafe and restaurant, Robinsons Place Manila — goof
Robinsons Place Pioneer (mall-wide) — good
SM Marikina (mall-wide) — good
1. Burger King, Glorietta — good
2. Gloria Jeans, Glorietta (through EYP) — good, sometimes spotty
Department of Foreign Affairs (ground floor lobby) — bad to awful
1. Zola Cafe – along Session Road, very good
2. Hotel Elizabeth – near Mines View and Pacdal Circle, very good but limited only to the lobby area where the signal is strongest
3. Cordillera Coffee – at SM City Baguio, very good
4. Cafe By The Ruins, good
Coffeebean and Tea Leaf, SM Cebu — good
Leyte Park Resort Hotel — good
MORE TO COME!