As the nation prepares for what ought to be Gloria Macapagal Arroyo’s last and final State of the Nation Address, the new group Pagbabago! People’s Movement for Change invites everyone to “SONA ng Katotohanan: A Public Forum” on July 24, 2009, 2:00-5:00 pm at the BSLR-East, UP Manila College of Medicine, Pedro Gil, Manila.
Here’s an overview of the program:
- Welcome Remarks by UP Manila vice chancellor Dr. Orlino Talens
- Opening Statement by Fr. Joe Dizon of Pagbabago!
- Forum Proper “Prelude to GMA’s SONA” with topics and speakers including On GMA’s Con-Ass (Engr. Jun Lozada); The Specter of Martial Rule (Director Bibeth Orteza); An Economy in Deep Crisis (Mr. Arnold Padilla); and AES in 2010: Automated Cheating? (Mr. Ric Bahaque)
- Call to Action and Closing Statement by Mrs. Edith Burgos and Dr. Delen de la Paz
- Mr. Roneo Clamor will moderate the forum and will serve as master of ceremonies.
Everyone’s invited, including bloggers and new media publishers!