Do yourself a favor by reading up some really good stuff on the web.
Plenty of stuff available, but I suggest the following:
- Time.com has an analytical piece on America’s left-ward shift, and by left-ward, it is towards US-style liberalism.
- More about this reemergence of US liberalism from The American Prospect.
- A reality-check on Obama-mania and the new face of US imperialism, comes from Dr. Carol P. Araullo, a BusinessWorld columnist and chair of the multisectoral umbrella Bayan.
On media and technology
- In “Not exactly mainstream”, journalist Kenneth Guda tracks the triumphs and travails of Pinoy Weekly, a weekly tabloid-turned-online magazine as they face the world of “mainstream” media.
- Read this newly-published guide that documents “the dynamics of the role of mobile phones in enhancing access to and creating information and citizen-produced media”.
- Still from Mobileactive.org: Mobile surveillance: A primer for those who want to be free from spying through mobiles.
Finally, have some fun with these Sarah Palin jokes, courtesy of Santos Reports.